CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

August 29, 2008

One big happy family

Daddy: Darin - African American
Mommy: Marilyn - White American
1st daughter: Arma (ME!) - Indonesian (no, it's not in Africa! it's one of the South East Asian countries, in case u're wondering where it is. Remember Bali? Bali is one of its provinces, not the other way around!)
2nd daughter: Injy - Egyptian (no, she has no relation with Cleopatra)
3rd daughter: Sam - German/Azerbaijani (her natural family is from Azerbaijan but she has lived in Germany since God knows when)

Those people are my family in NYC.

Unlike the conventional wisdom, people really are able to go along together nicely and become a family, despite the various background (ras, religion, country, education, etc). Luckily, we are all able to converse well in the same language, English. I guess this make things a bit easier, if not messier.

Let's not get carried away with the differences. Back to what I said earlier, these people are my new family. It was partly coincidence in the beginning although I won't say that I didn't see it coming. It was started as a joke when we were on the way back to NY from DC after the tiring yet eventful End of Stay Orientation. Me, Injy and Sam (sat on the back seat) were very annoyed with Darin & Marilyn for they keep changing lanes and radio channels. Yeah, it felt like a family trip somehow! I don't quite remember who initiated it but soon we started to call each other as mom, dad, and sisters. It was so outrageously funny that we kept on doing it even when we were around other people. Of course, that deserves some stares and we accepted them merrily :)

Since then, we got along even better! We shared a lot of fun.. shared a lot of laughters.. shared a lot of fun.. shared a lot of laughters.. Yeeep, you did read them over and over, because we did had A LOT OF FUN AND LAUGHTERS together!

Ups and downs together, just like a real family. What the hell am I talking about, they ARE my family. One big weird happy family and am so glad that I'm a part of it!

My two sisters unfortunately went back to their countries last week, leaving me sad and a bit lonely in this never-sleep-city. Soon, in a few days, I will fly back to France leaving my adopted mommy & daddy with their queerness alone :D

This writing is dedicated for my weird yet happy family. Hope our paths will cross again in the future, someway.. somehow..

Love you mom, love you dad, love you Injy, love you Sam!

0 comments: